Thursday, October 22, 2020

Dedication to The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint−Exupery

 



To Leon Werth

I ask the indulgence of the children who may read this book for dedicating

it to a grown−up. I have a serious reason: he is the best friend I have in

the world. I have another reason: this grown−up understands everything,

even books about children. I have a third reason: he lives in France where

he is hungry and cold. He needs cheering up. If all these reasons are not

enough, I will dedicate the book to the child from whom this grown−up

grew. All grown−ups were once children−− although few of them

remember it. And so I correct my dedication:

To Leon Werth

when he was a little boy


The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint−Exupery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. Please live a life of Joy today.

Search This Blog