Saturday, October 09, 2021

legacy - Benny Hester

 


We're leaving a trail wherever we go
Pushin' so hard that we never slow
To stop and wonder what we've left
For this world to know

Somewhere deep in my heart
I wish I knew for sure
What you'd remember of me
When I'm not here anymore
The Lord has a way of healing the past
Of taking your best and makin' it last

I want to leave a Legacy
Of love for you that will add up to
More than this simple man could ever be
I want to leave a Legacy

When the hard winds blow
Like a feather we spin
If we've fallen asleep
We may awaken again
To find we've long been judged
So blind, so deaf
So when it's all said and done
I pray this one thing is left

That I may leave a Legacy
Of love for you that will add up to
More than this simple man could ever be
Lord, help me leave a Legacy

With things unseen, God will bring
Reality from a dream
That's what His Spirit does
Time keeps slippin' away
With every word that I say
He is the good in us

And my hopes and desires
Are what I want you to see
They're not what I am
But what I'd like to be
Jesus died and is risen to redeem mankind
So when all seems lost, keep this is mind

That He has left a Legacy
Of love for you that will add up to
More than any man could ever be
And if God will shed His grace on me
I will have left a Legacy

Oh-oh, yeah
Mm-mmm, yeah
Eric, Nikki and Sue
For you, yeah, oh-oh...
And everybody else, too
For you, yeah, oh, yeah

Oh, yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. Please live a life of Joy today.

Search This Blog