Thursday, October 01, 2020

George Mueller on the Will of God


[
On his first wife's death] When I heard what Mr. Pritchard's judgment was, viz., that the malady was rheumatic fever, I naturally expected the worst, as to the issue, on account of what I had found out about the action of my dear wife's heart, when I felt her pulse; but though my heart was nigh to be broken, on account of the depth of my affection, I said to myself, “The Lord is good, and doeth good,” all will be according to His own blessed character. Nothing but that, which is good, like Himself, can proceed from Him. If he pleases to take my dearest wife, it will be good, like Himself. What I have to do, as His child, is to be satisfied with what my Father does, that I may glorify Him. After this my soul not only aimed, but this, my soul, by God's grace, attained to. I was satisfied with God.” (Vol. 2, pp. 398-399) Pastor George Mueller


- Obedience, Submission, Hope,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. Please live a life of Joy today.

Search This Blog