Wednesday, July 01, 2020

The Scariest Verse of the Bible Matt 7.21

See the source image
Matt. 7.21   “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Clearly Jesus is here saying people might think that they know what they are doing, serving the king, they are not just pew warmers but active in the church, believing all the while they are serving the king of kings and yet when they stand before the king it is evident that they never knew Him. Some people think the solution is to follow the commandments apparently, but God wants a relationship, not obedience.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. Please live a life of Joy today.

Search This Blog