Thursday, March 07, 2019

I simply don't believe utopia is going to happen - Donald Miller

I simply don't believe utopia is going to happen. I don't believe we are going to be rescued. I don't believe an active man will make things on earth perfect, and I don't believe God will intervene before I die, or for that matter before you die. I believe instead we will go on longing for a resolution that will  not come, not within life as we know it, anyway.
If you think about it an enormous amount of damage is created by the myth of utopia. There is an intrinsic feeling in nearly every person that your life could be perfect that if you only had such and such a car, or such and such spouse, or such and such job. We believe we will be made whole by our accomplishments, our positions, our social status. It's written in the fabric of our DNA that life used to be beautiful and now it isn't, and if only this and if only that it would be beautiful again.
Donald Miller  - A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. Please live a life of Joy today.

Search This Blog