Monday, February 17, 2014

James O. Fraser on Praying for Missionaries

James O. Fraser on Praying for Missionaries
(Beyond The Range- by Mrs. Howard Taylor pg 57 & 58 

It seems to be a big responsibility to be the only preacher of the Gospel within a radius of about 150 miles. I feel my weakness very much, yet the Lord seems to delight in making His power perfect in weakness, May I ask you then to remember me specially in prayer, asking God to use me to the salvation of many precious souls.
I am feeling more and more that it is, after all, just the prayers of Gods people that call down blessing upon the work, whether they are directly engaged in it or not.
Paul may plant and Apollos water, but it is God who gives the increase; and this increase can be brought down from heaven by believing prayer, whether offered in China or in the homeland. We are, as it were, God’s agents – used by Him to do His work not ours. We do our part and then can only look to Him, with others, for His blessing.
If this is so, Christians at home can do as much for foreign missions as those actually on the field. I believe it will be know only on the last day how much has been accomplished in missionary  work by the prayers of earnest believers at home. And this, surely, is the heart of the problem. Such work does not consist in curio tables, showing of slides, and the giving of reports. Good as this may be, they are only the fringe and not the root of the matter, solid, lasting missionary work is done on our knees. What I count more than anything else is earnest, believing prayer, and I write to ask you to continue to put up much prayer for me and work here in Tengyueh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. Please live a life of Joy today.

Search This Blog